General Contest Rules
The following rules apply to all KTAI-FM contests and prizes unless otherwise specified by a contest or promotion.
- Participants and winners must be U.S. residents and American citizens.
- Participants and winners must be at least 18 years of age. (Some restrictions may apply).
- Prizes cannot be transferred, given or sold to another person.
- The prizes that may be awarded to the eligible winners are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in KTAI-FM’s sole discretion.
- KTAI-FM reserves the right to cancel, void, seize, and/or revoke any prize if transferred, given or sold to another person without written express consent from KTAI-FM.
- Winners must provide the on-air dj their full name and phone number. Failure to do so will void that person as the winner.
- A person can only win once every 15 days. For prizes valued at $600 or more, a person can only win once every six months. No purchase is necessary to participate.
- Employees of KTAI-FM, sponsors, affiliated companies, and their immediate family and household members are NOT eligible to win.
- One winner per family and household per contest.
- Prizes must be claimed within 14 days (two weeks). Any prizes not claimed within 14 days shall be considered forfeited and will be redistributed.
- Prizes not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- On-site entries and mail-in entries, while supplies last, must be received by the announced deadline, must be handwritten, legible and include all required information. One entry per person.
- For call-in or testing contests, call the designated phone number. Criteria for winning will be announced. For online contests, criteria for winning will be announced on-air or online. Robotic entry is prohibited.
- KTAI-FM reserves the right to terminate any contest or make any other decisions regarding the outcome of the contest as KTAI-FM deems appropriate. KTAI-FM may waive any of these rules at its sole discretion.
- By entering the contest, all participants hereby grant KTAI-FM exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests, in any manner KTAI-FM should choose. Participants waive all claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Winner may be required to present state photo ID for certain prizes.
- By participating in the contest, participants and winners waive all claims of liability against KTAI-FM, its employees and agents, the contest sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss (including mental injury) which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in the contest, or from use of any prize.
- KTAI-FM may substitute prizes, amend the rules, dates or discontinue or extend the contest at any time as announced on the air or on www.tamuk.edu/ktai or www.facebook.com/ktaifm. KTAI-FM disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the contest.
- By participation in the contest, contestants agree to be bound by these contest rules, any modifications thereof, and by all other rules imposed by station management.
- All conduct of the contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. KTAI-FM shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests.
- KTAI-FM is not responsible for late or lost mail, technical failures or errors.
- Decisions of KTAI-FM management are final.
- Prizes may be subject to restrictions.
- All prizes awarded on-air must be picked up at the station’s studios at Manning Hall Room 167 at Texas A&M University-Kingsville during normal business hours of 9 am to 3 pm, Monday through Thursday. Our physcial address to Manning Hall is 910 W. Santa Gertrudis Ave., Kingsville, TX 78363. We are at the corner of Santa Gertrudis and Armstrong. Prizes will not be mailed unless otherwise determined by the station. You may call 361-593-2137, or 361-593-3489 to make arrangments to pick up your prize during normal business hours. Prizes will be released to winners only.
- Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
Updated: May 27, 2014