What is underwriting?
Underwriting is the non-commercial, radio form of advertising, and it is a way for stations such as ours to generate the minimal operating funds necessary for daily broadcast. Therefore, by underwriting with KTAI-FM, you become an affiliate of our station, AND a proud sponsor. Without underwriting, all aspects of KTAI-FM would not be possible.
What are some of the benefits of underwriting?
- Your underwriting will reach the students of AMK, in addition to the resident population of Kingsville and its immediate surrounding areas.
- KTAI-FM underwriting is far less expensive (on average, about 1/6th to 1/10th the cost) than that of commercial radio stations offering a Country, Pop, and Rock format.
- The students and staff at KTAI-FM benefit greatly from your support, as underwriting funds help to quell the costs of daily operation.
- You can proudly sponsor the cutting-edge programming that has defined KTAI-FM as one of the top college radio stations in the country on RadioFlag.
- Underwriting is TAX DEDUCTIBLE!!
What are the technicalities of underwriting?
Underwriting consists of on-air mentions, approximately 30 – 40 seconds in length, which are either read live by a DJ or prerecorded and played on a cart. An underwriting on-air mention may include the following information:
- Name and Location of the Business
- Three Services that the Business Offers
- Phone Number and Hours of Operation of the Business
The above can include a menu list of items, value neutral descriptions, unique qualities of the business, trademark mottoes that normally accompany the business’ name, etc. Due to FCC regulations, an underwriting mention must follow this basic format and cannot include calls to action, comparative or qualitative descriptions, the promotion of free goods, or any prices.
What is KTAI-FM’s Underwriting Philosophy?
As a non-commercial, public radio station, KTAI-FM relies on businesses like yours to sponsor our programming. In turn, we are completely dedicated to the community that supports us.